Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Final journal entry -- Wednesday: May 9, 2012



I returned to work yesterday for the first time in more than four months. I spent only five hours in the office and did not get much accomplished, but it felt good to be back. Lots of folks stopped by and told me how glad they were to see me, which was heartening.

Today? I'm home, exhausted after making the trip down the hill for radiation. It's going to take a few more weeks before I'm ready for something approximating a normal schedule.

The great thing is I have a couple of interesting stories for which I've been assigned, which provided some motivation for getting stronger.

I pushed myself Saturday by watching a high school baseball game, hitting a small bucket of golf balls and then helping coach a 14U game that evening. That proved far too much and it took two days to recover.

My hope is to head to work tomorrow after radiation. We’ll see. I don’t have any choice but to take everything one day at a time.

1 comment:

  1. One day at a time...a good motto for all of us, regardless of the battles we may be facing.

    Here's hoping your days are sunny and your health on the mend. May God bless you all the days of your life.

    ReplyDelete