Friday, March 8, 2013

Thursday: March 8, 2012



Today marks the first day of a new radiation plan that will take me down the home stretch.
 
According to Dr. Greskovich, the moon beams are being concentrated on a “density” in the tumor site where he assumes some of the non-small cell stuff remains.

The new treatment plan will mean a much smaller dose of radiation on my esophagus, which Dr. Greskovich said should reduce the irritation I've been feeling.

That is welcome news. Not only does it hurt to swallow right now, but my chest has become a constant source of pain. It's typically a dull ache, but it refuses to go away and has made me reliant on Percocet to keep the pain level tolerable.
 
I had been warned that I might reach a point where I would not be able to swallow solid food. I've been managing, however, as long as the consistency is fairly smooth. The medical folks (and me) have been pleased that my appetite has been surprisingly good and that I've maintained my weight.
    
And while it feels like my energy level has rebounded a bit, it's still low. I had hoped to go to poker study group tonight, but it's not likely. Too much effort.

No comments:

Post a Comment